Join us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrTw5I-JyVU
And in the Chatroom: https://discord.gg/9t4aD47
It’s another live event from THSIS and NOSP streamed to your home which concludes with a short AGM for NOSP including election of a new chairman. You provide the drinks, we provide the food (for thought)!
- 18:00 : “Emerging the deep sea mineral industry” by Anette Broch Mathisen Tvedt of Adepth Minerals
- 18:30 : “GeoAtlas Live” by Mads Robenhagen Mølgaard of Geo
- 19:00 : “Kongsberg HUGIN AUV, increased capability and endurance” by Atle Gran of Konsberg Maritime
- ‘Detailed 3D Acoustic UXO Surveys to Reduce Target Visualisation Requirements’; Chris Almond – Pangeo Subsea
- ‘RM Hypermag: Multi-Vector Gradiometer for UXO, Cable & Pipeline Depth of Burial’; Matthew Kowalczyk – Ocean Floor Geophysics (OFG)
- ‘UXO Risk Mitigation – An Integrated Approach’; Anne Chabert & Martin Valk – Fugro
Available live on YouTube, 8pm Norwegian time (no sign up required) https://youtu.be/mY0M-_FuuI4
NOSP has been proud to continue our events without disruption over the past year, having moved our events online and seeing record attendance numbers as a result of our cooperation with the Hydrographic Society of Scotland. We have had over 100 people attending our live streams on YouTube in past months, and 500+ views of the recordings! So while we have reduced our in-person presence in Norway, we have seen significant growth in our international presence, with impressive attendance from both Europe and America.
As a result of our significantly reduced running costs (associated with online events), we are requesting half-price sponsorship for 2021. If your company is willing to continue your support of our events, please get in touch in order to receive an invoice at this new reduced rate of 5.000 NOK.
I have had the pleasure of being a part of the NOSP family since 2013, and assumed chairmanship a few years ago. This year I am retiring from the board and we have nominated Stuart Duncan from DOF Subsea to take over leadership of the organization. This will be formalized at the AGM on April 22, your attendance and support of this transition is greatly appreciated!
If Covid-conditions allow, we will be co-hosting a BBQ with RTS in September (Åkrehamn), and returning to our traditional Annual Dinner in Stavanger in November. The 2021 budget has allowed for these physical events to take place, but we will of course have to wait and see how things develop over the coming months. In the meantime, we will continue to provide the best meeting place we can to the industry, offering free online events with chatroom for mingling, and remain active in anticipation of a return to physical gatherings in 2022.
All the best, and thank you for your continued support! The board continues to do our utmost to create value with your investment.
On behalf of the NOSP board